Monday, January 19, 2009

Life Update


Just finished this book last night. It was awesome! Totally addictive. It's been a really long time since I've been sucked into a book so completely, and it was very enjoyable to forget about reality for 2 whole days!!! It's by the author of the twilight series, which I am of course a fan of, like almost every other woman in america right now!
Stopped into Michael's this morning, they have a lot of really cute stuff and some good sales...may be indulging in some scrap therapy soon. I love the new K & Company line, "Que Sera Sera", and the Making Memories "Chloe's Closet". I might also buy a silhouette, found a great deal online for one of those on the cut at home website.
I've started scrapbooking with Marilyn (Melonscraps) and Laura (Tigardlilly) on Monday nights, it is very therapeutic. I just love those girls! I'm currently working on 35+ layouts. I find that production line style works really well for me. I'm getting my own system now-
1. Photos (matted or not) adhered on 12X12 paper-this is all that I can really do when I crop in a group, the rest of the stuff I need to do at home by myself. (takes too much concentration for me-can't chitchat and make those hard decisions at the same time!!!)
2. Choose and adhere title and journaling space
3. Embellish
4. Write journaling
Jesse and I are still working together and carpooling. My nanny job is now just an occasional day of work, which is fine. 6 months of working 7 days a week was really hard on me. So our life is very simple and calm. (knock on wood) We like it that way!
I can't believe I went so long without blogging and then missed celebrating my blogaversary (however the heck you spell it-it's not even a real word, is it?)
I have been struggling really hard with something for a really long time now, hopefully I will overcome it completely very soon. Thank God for my super amazing husband. He is like Jesus to me right now. Just trying to make it through the long, cold winter...

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I loved the book too! Totally not what I expected her to write.

Love the layouts and cards!!

Funky girl is stinkin adorable!!

Latharia said...

I will have to give that book a try, then! :D I hope you overcome your struggle with grace ... and soon! :D