Saturday, April 26, 2008

Life or something like it...


Saturday, April 19, I went to this awesome class taught by Karen Russell. It was all about interactive scrapbooking, and it was really fun and I learned a lot. These are the 2 layouts that I made in the class:

DH has been home since April 16 so that's why I've been MIA. He's leaving again on April 28. We went out on one last date today, to Claim Jumper's, where we had a scrumptious meal. The waitress took our picture for us, it's a wee bit blurry but I really like how it turned out. (DH likes to play with the Sepia setting on my camera)

Finally, here is one layout that I tweaked around with some to make it better.
And here is one new layout that I had embroidered on, hand cut the felt flowers with my cuttlebug, embroidered on the flowers and then layered them and sewed a button on the middle of them. It was kind of fun and whimsical.

I've gotten some new stamps lately, so I'm going to be playing around with them, I think. Also, I need to catch up on the journaling on the past few layouts that I've done. I have to sit down and write it out first, then I have to think about how I want it to be put on the layout. Handwritten? Typed up on my computer and then printed on patterned paper or journaling sheets? Hmmm...

4 comments:

Kay said...

Oh yay! I'm so glad your hubby got to come home for a bit! I love the stitching on that LO. That's my new fav thing to do. Hope to see you again soon! I ws going to try and go to the NSD crop @ Scrap Attack but it sold out too quick. Oh well. Looks like I'll be here on the comp with the gals from AMR!

Have a great week!

Jen Glover said...

The class looks sooo much fun, and I am drooling over what you created! You are so talented! Happy Monday!

Erica Hettwer said...

I love those flowers!!! They turned out beautiful! :D

Je@net said...

Wow, again some wonderful projects on your blog!!
Have a nice weekend!