Monday, January 14, 2008

Bits and Pieces

I did this layout of my niece yesterday. I had to smudge out her name to protect her identity, you know you always have to be careful! Anyway, her middle name is “Rose”, so there are a lot of rose-related things on the layout. I just like the way it turned out.

I’m laid off currently, although I begin my new job on Thursday, as an educational assistant in applied academics at a local middle school. Hopefully it will lead to me becoming a special ed teacher within a few years. By the way, this is a super family friendly schedule hours-wise and workdays-wise. Praise God!!!!!!! I can really see His hand in all that is happening in our lives right now...

...Since Jesse and I are getting another foster child, tonight apparently! So God is doing strange and mysterious things in the Witkowski household currently.

We went out on a big group date with some other couples from church on Saturday night. It was super fun. We ate dinner at a couple’s house, and then we went to Comedy Sportz in downtown Portland for a good, clean comedy night. I’ve been wanting to go for over 10 years, so I was so glad to finally go. I volunteered my husband for one of the skits and I thought I would die laughing seeing him up there. It was a great moment!

Anyway, that’s what’s going on with us!!!

6 comments:

Marfa said...

Look at you, gorgeous...
So, I imagine you are busy now, getting to know this new little kiddo! I hope it goes well. My in-laws were foster parents and ended up adopting (yes, seriously) 11 of them!

KJ-Starre said...

Hi Inara.....you guys look terrific!!! Good for your bloke getting involved in the skit.....it's something my husband would do too. I am too chicken, so you'd never see me anywhere near the front, which is quite ironic seeing as I am an up front singer & do drama & mime hahaha!

All the best for the fostering....did you know that to be able to foster successfully, it takes a LARGE chunk of the Father's heart in yours.....you & your bloke are uniquely special. XX

Tana said...

I have been waiting for a post about the job. :) The lord sure know what he is doing huh? Where he guides he provides! I just love that.

Samantha said...

What a beautiful picture of you :) Your hubby looks great, too!

I love the LO. It is so fun!!

Congrats on the new job :) I hope it all goes well for you!! And congrats on the new little one!! I bet that will be tons of fun :)

Toni said...

Man-o-day, your layouts are mah-velous! You have the style I hope to work up to (totally simplistic here; just trying to get about 10 years of photos done).

I had to laugh at volunteering your hubs. Lessee. I volunteered mine for the Medicine Man show at Old Tucson, the gravity show at Universal Studios and the dance show on Cunard Cruise Lines. Oh, and he "found" himself in a show onboard Celebrity Cruises too. The stage just seems to "find" him (NOTHING to do with me waving frantically behind him in a "Pick him, pick him" motion).

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. And I should add that all three of my kids were adopted through foster care. We're nearing the completion of our fourth adoption now. Hmmm, I'd say we have a few things in common.
Blessings,
~toni~

Theresa Tyree said...

Looks like you had a great time out on your date. You sure looked beautiful all made up! It's a miracle that you found "clean" comedy. What a treat!
My 4yo son saw the picture of your DH on your blog and commented that he looks like a really sweet man. LOL!!
My niece's middle name is also Rose. I love it! It's so feminine.